Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I Workout, Girl Look At That Body

If you haven't seen the LMFAO I Workout video, you should check it out, it truly is pure ridiculousness.  Funny how people earn a living in such different ways... If you learn anything from this video, let it be that you should workout in spandex like theirs!  Love them, lol!

**********

On another note, my body has felt sore all over this week!  I'm not terribly upset about it, that just means my body is working hard and that my variation in my lifting is doing the trick!  Here is what I have been doing so far with my new routine, 3 x 8 of each exercise unless otherwise noted...

MONDAY - Biceps
EZ bar curls
Neutral grip curls
Chin up (eccentric motion... this is what got me so sore!!)
Reverse curl
SB hold

TUESDAY - Back
Row
Supermans
High pulls
Push ups (I know not primarily focused on the back)
Plank (1:00)

WEDNESDAY - Legs
As of right now I'm not sure if I am going to be doing this workout since I taught/did boot camp this morning.  If I don't do it today, I will combine this workout with another upper body workout later in the week.

Squats
Lunge w/delt raise
BOSU squat press
Jump rope (1:00)
Tread wall (1:00)
TRX mountain climbers (1:00)

Boot Camp
And now, just in case you wanted a little something, something to mix up your usual routine, here is what I did for boot camp this morning...

What you'll need:

Jump Rope

Mat

Heavy & Medium weights

Optional: Nuun for hydration :)
What you'll do (each circuit is done twice):

1:00 DB pistons
1:00 Jump rope
1:00 Lunge w/biceps curl
1:00 Side to side hops
1:00 Squat press
1:00 Kicks (Taebo style... to the side or back)

1:00 Bridge press
1:00 Plate punches (saw on The Biggest Loser)
1:00 Elevated jack crunches (killer workout for the shoulders!)

30x Bent over rows
30x Mountain climbers
20x Overhead triceps extension
10x Frog jump (jump up and try to touch the bottom of feet together underneath you)

Bonus: 
If you still have energy after doing this, head to the nearest treadmill and pound out four miles!

  • 1 mile easy warm up (10:00 min/mile)
  • 1/2 mile (8:34 min/mile)
  • 1/2 mile (10:00 min/mile)
  • 1/2 mile (8:34 min/mile)
  • 1 1/2 mile (10:00 min/mile)
It was really hard for me to run at 10:00 minute per mile pace, but I need to learn to slow myself down if I am going to train for a marathon in the near future, because goodness knows I won't be running my first marathon at a 9:00 minute mile pace like I normally do.  




Post Workout
Post workout, I made sure I got some good refuel food in me asap! Eggs and toast, a nice protein-carb mix.


If you're looking for quick and easy eggs try this... 2 eggs + 2 Tbsp milk mix together.  Microwave for 45 seconds, take out and stir, then microwave for another 45 seconds (if you like them a little runny) to 1 minutes (all the way cooked).  Top off with a little salt and pepper to taste if you choose and a little cheese.  Be careful it will be very hot, but so delish!

************

I am currently sitting down catching up on shows that I have missed, since my amazing boyfriend just discovered we have On Demand and the magic it can do!  I can't believe I have been watching shows on my computer for so long (internet connection is not great), when I could have been using On Demand!



Oh yeah, at some point today I'll be catching up on my "boyfriend's" latest flick, Lincoln Lawyer, since I fell asleep the other night when we were watching it.  I hear it's a fantastic movie (I would've rented it even if it wasn't, Matthew's such a hunk--> yes, I just used that word), but we started it too late on Saturday and this little one was tuckered out.


Are there any shows or movies I should be watching? I'm a huge movie junkie, so I'd love any recommendations you have!

4 comments:

  1. wow...your workouts seem insane :) i love revenge! that show is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely saving this page... I need some new workouts! Thank you for these lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @MirandaI know I love that show too, I heard it was a re-run last night though :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Tessa @ Amazing Asset Happy to help you out! Enjoy the workouts!

    ReplyDelete

It's your turn! Tell me your comments and opinions!