Sunday, March 27, 2011

State Champs

This weekend was the first time in a long time that my weekend actually felt LONG!  But it was a good long! The reason it felt so long was because my boyfriend was on spring break so he came to visit me early (Thursday)!

Thursday night we watched the Wisconsin game... a disgusting performance... at the Eagle's Nest.  It was super packed, so it took a while anytime we wanted to get any food or drinks from the bar.  Since he got to town later in the afternoon, that was about all we did.

Friday I had to work, but I left a little early so we could get to Madison to watch the state basketball games.  Eau Claire County had three schools down at state, which is incredibly rare!  Regis (my old high school), North and Altoona were all down there for the tournament.    While we were in Madison we were able to visit with a number of community members and old friends at the tournament. It's always fun to catch up with people you don't see very often.  After the state tournament games we headed to the Nitty Gritty and got some food, I had the black bean burger with fries, which was good and a TON of food!  The burgers on the menu all sounded great, however it was Friday and I'm Catholic, so no meat for this girl... oh well, next time I'll try out a juicy burger :)

Getting ready to receive their medals
Saturday was an exciting day! Regis and Altoona both took home the gold, but unfortunately North couldn't pull out the first game. The Regis girls haven't been back to state or won the gold since I was there with the team in 2002 and 2003, so it was fun to relive the emotions and excitement I felt back in the day.  I also have a big soft spot for this particular group of girls because I helped coach them last year.  Great group of girls to win the gold! We headed back to La Crosse later that day, after Regis and Altoona finished playing and after the Butler game was over (CrAzY game by the way!!).   By the time we got back to town we were both exhausted so we rented a movie and stayed in to snuggle.  We haven't had a relaxing movie night in such a long time, I loved it! If you are wondering, the movie we rented was Due Date. I highly recommend this movie... it is hilarious and has a very cute ending.  For any guys out there, it's not a chick flick, my boy loved it! Have you seen it already? What did you think?

Today was a relaxing day full of watching the NCAA games. March Madness is more "Mad" than ever this year!  Is anyone's bracket still intact? Mine is donzo!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It's your turn! Tell me your comments and opinions!