Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July Recap + Cake Ball Recipe

I finally got a new camera, after being camera-less for about a month!   We didn't want anything extravagant, because lately our reputation with cameras has not been very good (2 cameras in one year) and for our purposes we don't need anything too fancy.  Here's my new baby...


It's a different brand than I had before (old- Nikon, new- Olympus VR 340), but it's an upgrade.  This baby has way better zoom, mega pixels and other features than my old Nikon did.  So far I'm happy with it! 

Part of my push to get my camera was that I needed one to document our 4th of July and we're going on a road trip in a couple of weeks!  Without further ado, here are some pictures from our delightfully, sweaty (98 degrees and no wind) 4th of July!

4th of July cake 

Homemade cake pops!
Cake Pops
1 box cake mix 
1 container frosting 
1 package almond bark 

After preparing the cake according to the box directions (let it cool), put the cake into a large bowl. Add the frosting and mix with your hands, coating all the cake until moist.  Form small balls with you hands.  While creating the balls, melt almond bark in a double boiler.  Coat cake balls in the almond bark, place on wax paper and stick a popsicle stick (or any type of stick) into the center of each ball. Let the balls cool and harden in the refrigerator once all are coated. Makes about 24 depending on the size. 
Ours didn't look that great, but they tasted fantastic! 


Go Express!


J, Carrie & I

Getting ready for fireworks 




Happy 4th of July!

2 comments:

  1. I saw the fireworks from across the river! such a great show! hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great show...glad you got to enjoy them as well!

      Delete

It's your turn! Tell me your comments and opinions!