Monday, May 14, 2012

Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies

Earlier today I saw a tweet from @AsaeprisPivot asking if anyone had a good cookie recipe to make that they could bring to their race booth this weekend...


I of course chimed in with...


Yes, a great post workout option, but then I realized although I have talked about this cookie on here, I have never actually shared it with you guy...what the heck?!  So I figured I would share the recipe with you and Aspaeris Pivot at the same time!  

These cookies have been enjoyed by fellow bloggers through the Foodie Pen Pal program, some of my clients and my family members... unless they are lying to my face, people seem to like them a lot!

Photobucket


Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies
1 1/2 c almond flour/meal
1 c vanilla or chocolate protein powder
1/2 tsp sea salt 
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 c apple sauce
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1/4 c agave or honey
1 c dark chocolate chips (small ones work best)

Combine all ingredients well and add chocolate chips last. Form 1/2 inch balls and press onto non-stick (or greased) baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 7-10 minutes.  Note: since almond flour is used baking time is sensitive and bottom of cookies tend to brown easily.  

Enjoy! 

2 comments:

  1. i like it! thanks for sharing the recipe and I'm glad she linked to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! I hope people enjoy it as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete

It's your turn! Tell me your comments and opinions!