Monday, August 8, 2011

Family Reunion

Yesterday was the Hunter family reunion!  My dad's side of the family doesn't get together too often, but when we do it is really nice to catch up.  The great thing about the Hunter side get togethers is that they aren't quite as crazy and chaotic as my mom's side, simply from the difference in numbers.  Let's do a little comparison....

                                   Dad's side                         Mom's side
# of Aunts/Uncles             5                                          6
# of cousins                       11                                       18
# of 2nd cousins                8                                          6

Although it may not seem like a huge difference, it is because my mom's side has so many little ones running around.  Plus, dad's side is much more spread out around the state/US, so not everyone can always make it, whereas most of mom's side lives in town.  We had about 15 people show up for the reunion yesterday, so it was a nice quiet gathering... but that doesn't mean we didn't have fun :)





I did a terrible job at taking pictures yesterday, so this is pretty much the extent of my pictures... luckily my mom and sister took plenty :)  

Fitness Plan
Monday: 4 mile run + lift
Tuesday: 3 mile run + cardio
Wednesday: 4 mile run + lift
Thursday: Cross training + lift
Friday: 8 mile run
Saturday: 3 mile run 

Today is the official (unofficial) start date of my half marathon training. I say "official (unofficial)", because I am planning on doing a half on Sept. 24, but am not signed up for it yet.  I am trying to recruit a couple people who said they are interested in doing it before I sign up.  I would run it by myself, but it's always way more fun to have someone else doing it with you.  Anyone have any races coming up?  What's your plan for the week?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

It's your turn! Tell me your comments and opinions!