Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Lottery Please?!

Right about now I wish I had the new amazing piece of technology that Iowa Girl Eats mentioned in her blog yesterday!  I loath taking my memory card out of my camera and putting it into my computer whenever I need to download pictures (I know, how lazy of me!).  Prior to reading her post I don't think I loathed this process, I think it just annoyed me, but now that I know there is such a thing that just automatically loads your pictures to your computer, I loathe the process.  Lord, please let me win the lottery so I can buy one of these and lots of other neat toys!!! *fingers & toes crossed*  Really, if you haven't checked out her post, do it now... the camera accessory appears to be life changing! 


*******

Moving on, can anyone else not believe it is the last day of August already!?!  The weather is definitely starting to show that too. I love the summer heat, but the fall/spring temps are much nicer to run in!  This morning I hit the road for a quick 3 mile run and was planning on going to the gym to get my lift on, but my sister called to see if I wanted to go for coffee... I couldn't turn her down :)  Not only is coffee hard for me to turn down, I don't get much time with just her without the kids around, so I had to take her up....not to mention I wasn't really feeling the lift today.  But, not to worry I will have time to do it tomorrow!

Eats
I made a batch of "energy" bars yesterday, but wasn't totally please with them, so I'm not going to share the recipe...Once I get the perfect combination of ingredients put together I'll share :)  Even though they aren't the greatest, I am still going to eat them because I don't like wasting things, so I had one pre-run this morning.


Last night I also made some sweet tea with pomegranate green tea, I haven't tried this flavor yet, but it's not too shabby!  I had a glass of this with my lunch today, which was a sweet and sour chicken wrap... I think McD's sells snack wraps like these, but mine totally kicks its butt!  (Not pictured, sorry)


Remember when I met up with my friend to go running and she gave me a sample of some protein powder she sells? Well, I loved it, and I got a tub myself! Here are the stats:

Serving size: 2 scoops (49.3 g)
Calories: 200 
Total Fat: 6 g (1.5 g saturated)
Total Carbs: 18 g (10 g fiber)
Protein: 18 g 
A variety of vitamins & minerals are present as well

Cost: $29.95... not too bad right?!


I whipped up a 1 scoop batch of protein pudding with peanut butter and ate it on a couple of graham crackers... totally curbed my sweet craving!  I'm really planning on only using this as a post workout fuel, but every now and again I'm sure it'll show up as a dessert for me. Do you use protein powder?  What is your favorite way to eat/drink it? 


Yoga
The new YMCA group fitness schedule just came out yesterday for September and I am super excited because there are yoga and pilates classes (which I prefer) at times I am available!  There are two days I have my eyes on... Monday at 10am (Yoga II) or noon (Mat Pilates) and Thursday at 9:40am (Fusion- Pilates & Yoga) or Noon (Yoga).  This is my pledge to myself... I will go to at least one of these classes a week! If I don't make at least one, I am cheating myself, because I am totally available during all four of those times.  Ready. Set. Stretch. :-D 

1 comment:

  1. I have you beat--I have to pull out the camera card, insert it into a separate card reader (my comp doesn't have one) and THEN put it into the computer. 30 seconds wasted, haha!
    I eat protein powder every day in my oatmeal for breakfast. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete

It's your turn! Tell me your comments and opinions!