- We are making a switch to a low-carb diet in my household, per request of my boyfriend. Part of me likes this and part of me doesn't. Let me explain... I am the queen of carbs. As a basketball player all my life, I thrived on carbs as my main fuel source. In high school I used to eat an entire box of macaroni and cheese by myself before basketball and volleyball games (thanks heavens for an incredible metabolism and active lifestyle at that point in my life!)! Now as much as I love carbs, I don't always eat the good carbs, I find myself eating chips, buns, crackers, etc. I will continue to eat some carbs (more than my boyfriend, since I'm not trying to lose weight), but it is my hope that this helps me clean up my carb choices. Thus far, after a week, I have noticed better quality carbs than I normally eat!
- My boyfriend is out of town tonight and I was craving some macaroni and cheese hardcore (see above)! Normally I just make some off brand mac and cheese (yes, off brand is way better than name brand Kraft mac and cheese... for real!), but today I was feeling adventurous and I tried making it with a rue. FAIL! It tastes okay after I put some Tony Chachere's creole seasoning on it, but next time I need to try putting more cheese in it or try adding Parmesan cheese in it.
1.5 Tbsp butter
1.5 Tbsp flour
1.5 c milk
1 c(ish) cheddar cheese (I didn't really measure it)
|Don't be fooled by how terrific it looks|
- I did not fail all day though... I was totally winning with my Chinese shrimp pizza! I was planning on making my pizza with pizza sauce, but I didn't have any on hand so I tried some hoisin sauce instead.
1 whole wheat tortilla
1.5-2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
1/4 lb (or less) cooked shrimp
Sweet red pepper, chopped
Baked at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes
- Our Christmas tree has officially been converted to a Mardi Gras tree! Laissez les bons temps rouler!
- Workouts this week so far have gone according to my plan. Today was a 3 mile run, stairs (4 x 100 steps = bun burner!), and 15 minutes of lifting.
- What are you doing tonight? Nothing. Okay, why don't you come over and join me in peeling 25 pounds of potatoes? Ya, I know, sounds super fun! My mom, sister and I are throwing a surprise 60th birthday party for my dad tomorrow! Since my dad works 3:30am - 12:30 pm, the time when most of us are working/sleeping, it has been difficult to get prep and baking done without him suspecting anything. So in an attempt to make things a little easier on my mother, I offered to do potato duty.
What are you doing tomorrow? Have you ever thrown a surprise party... was it successful?
PS If you haven't heard Rafflecopter is having a super sweet giveaway! I found out from Jenn's Adventures, check out her post for more information :)
a Rafflecopter giveaway