Wednesday, January 4, 2012

(Football) Party Recipes

Like Sarah alluded to yesterday, Monday was a "Bummer Badger" kind of day, but that didn't stop me from making some great football food!

The star of the show was the Chili...

1 lb ground beef
1 bell pepper (any color)
1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
1 can kidney beans, drained & rinsed
1 med/lg onion
1 can stewed tomatoes 
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1/2 c chicken/vegetable broth 
2 Tbsp chili powder
Salt & pepper to taste

Cook the ground beef until browned thoroughly. Chop all vegetables and drain the beans. Throw all ingredients into a crock pot.  Turn on high for about 4 hours.  Easy peasy!


On the side was Avocado-Black Bean Salsa that I shared with Tori in the Foodie Pen Pal Exchange.

3 avocados 
3 Roma tomatoes 
1 small red onion
3-4 green onions
1 can Mexicorn, drained
1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
2 envelopes seasoned Italian dressing 
1/4 c red wine vinegar
1/3 c olive oil 

Chop all vegetables and drain/rinse canned vegetables, throw in a large bowl. Add the dry Italian dressing packets, red wine vinegar and olive oil. Toss to coat. Store in refrigerator for at least an hour so the flavors can blend and soak up.  


Also on the side were Crescent Pinwheels.... they were awesome! This recipe is really flexible, so here are basic guidelines...

Deli meat (I used ham, 1/2 poundish)
Plain or flavored cream cheese (I used plain)
Vegetables (I used spinach and green onions)
Seasoning (I used dill)
1 can crescent rolls 


Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Separate the dough into rectangles, press the perforated seals so it stays together. Spread each rectangle with cream cheese and top with your veggies, meat and seasoning.  Roll up each rectangle and press the edges of the dough together to ensure it stays in tact. Use a knife to cut each of the rolled rectangles into about six slices. Place the sliced pieces onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 13-17 minutes. Should be golden brown when you take out... best when eaten warm!



WORKOUTS
So far this week workouts have been going pretty well...

Monday I ran 5.5 miles to start burning off those holiday calories.

Tuesday I ran 3 miles, alternating from 6.7 mph to 7.5 mph at a 1:1 ratio in 27 minutes and took a boot camp.

This morning I did the WOD Tina talked about on her blog the other day.  I got it all in in 11:48!  It got tough at the speed I was trucking at around round 7.  I've been eating like a monster today, so I'm hoping to get a lift in before work this afternoon so I don't feel like junk all night.

What have you been doing for your workouts this year? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It's your turn! Tell me your comments and opinions!