Tuesday, February 28, 2012

February Foodie Pen Pal

Where did February go?!  Seriously, one extra day in February is not enough, give us an extra week please!  Okay, I take that back, bring on summer, especially with this snow storm coming at us in Wisconsin.  

Foodie Penpals

Well with the end of February brings another Foodie Pen Pal review! This month I received my package from the Crazy Cooking Couple! Here's a peak at what was inside...


Since February is National Chocolate Month, they made sure to stock me up on chocolates!   The peanut butter M&M's are my favorite kind ever so I was really jacked to see these in there.  The cinnamon ones, I had never even heard about! I opened them up and threw a handful into my mouth and thought mmm!  Then I got the after-taste, there's a really delayed, overwhelming flavor of cinnamon.  So I'm not a huge fan of them plain, but I LOVE them in my oatmeal! Warm, melted chocolate with a hint of cinnamon... quick, easy and delicious. Nothing ever goes to waste here :)


I was super excited to see these!  I love protein/snack bars, I don't buy them very often since they are more of a luxury to me right now so they were a big treat!  I loved all three of them... I may actually have to find these in the stores, because I loved them so much! (Note: These were my favorite part of the package guys!)


These cream sticks are currently sitting in my refrigerator and make the perfect after dinner snack for fresh breathe. 


This was the last thing I opened, I don't know why though because I was excited to try kale chips for the first time.  The only other experience I've had with kale chips, was when I failed in my attempt to make them, so I liked the opportunity to see what they're really supposed to be like.  Anyway, I liked them, didn't love them, but liked them and would eat them again.  P.S. Now that I know what they should be like, I'm going to have to try making them again. 


That's it folks!  I hope you all enjoyed the boxes you received!  Be sure to stop over to Alexandria's blog and check out what she received from me :)

Thank you Jen & Ziggy!! 


If you're interested in joining the Foodie Pen Pal program check out Lindsay's blog for more details!

*********

Two quick things before I go....

1. Today's the last day to sign up for my Handful giveaway! Be sure to check back tomorrow for a winner!

2. If you're looking for some good recipes, check out my last post...yum!

17 comments:

  1. What a great box...kale chips are definitely an acquired taste. I much prefer kale raw to chip form.

    Thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Well I am going to try them again so I can acquire that taste ;) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I agree, Peanut Butter M&Ms are the best EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love PB M & Ms...i just bought myself some easter ones! i have never heard of the cinnamon ones but they sounds yummy in the oatmeal! i love making my own kale chips! i finally perfected how to make them after many failed attempts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah idk maybe we don't have them on stores around here, I didn't know anything of them. How do you make your chips? Do you have a post or something on it?

      Delete
  4. Glad you liked our box Which bar was your favorite!! We had differing opinions! Ziggy prefers the thinkthin bar and I love that sherbert one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the Think Thin bar best! I did like the sherbert flavor though, you don't typically see that kind.

      Delete
  5. i really like kale chips, but i've burned them terribly the last couple times i've made them. my mom gave me her old dehydrator around christmas time, so i really need to bust that out and try making them in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made mine too oily lol. Let me know how the dehydrator works, I may have to borrow my parents' dehydrator.

      Delete
  6. I've never seen those nimble bars! I'll have to search for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of them either, check out the Crazy Cooking Couple's site and ask them, I'm sure they'd be happy to help you out :)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. It certainly is delicious! Thanks again for setting up the program, you're the greatest!

      Delete
  8. Cinnamon M&Ms?? What rock have I been living under?! And great idea to use them in your oatmeal -- sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to get creative so they didn't go to waste :) If you find them I recommend them for oats or cookies!

      Delete

It's your turn! Tell me your comments and opinions!