Thursday, February 16, 2012

Kindle Fire + Anniversary

This week has been a little crazy for me, between prepping for Valentine's Day, our anniversary and the Mardi Gras party we are having this weekend it has been pure hullabaloo! Okay, rewind...

  • J and I don't celebrate Valentine's Day, however, I still made a point to bake some cookies and take them to work for our members and bake a heart shaped cookie for my sweetheart.
    Pre-dinner drinks  
  • Mine and J's 3 year anniversary was yesterday, so as sweethearts do we celebrated with a lovely dinner and gifts.  Red Lobster was the our restaurant of choice! I love, love, love their menu!  


Waiting for our table at the Lob



Sinking into a food coma







I love this boy!

 J was such a sweetie and got me a KINDLE FIRE!!  I'm so stoked!  I have been wanting an iPad in the worst way, and it is way out of our budget, but the Kindle Fire is the next best thing and I've had my eye on it for a while.  I don't think I've put it down for much longer than a few hours outside of work.  Any apps or books I should get?  Anyone know if or how you can share books?


The best part... I can read blogs with beautiful quality on here!  Now I just need to figure out how to write my posts on here, I had some troubles today, I'll play with it a little more tomorrow.  


 I just need to finish this and then I can start my first ebook! (PS in case you're curious the rumors about the third book not being as good is true.)


I'm very proud of the card I made J, even though it looks like a third grader made it, so I have to show it to you :) 

I love you...

I love you THIS much!
  • Remember our Mardi Gras tree?  Well it is being put to good use this weekend at our Mardi Gras party! We are inviting a bunch of old and new friends to our house this weekend for some gumbo, king cake, beignets and all sorts of other southern food! More to come...

*****

The best thing about working at 5 am in the morning besides the beautiful sunrises is getting to workout and be done with your day by noon. 


Here is what my workouts have looked like for the week thus far... 

Monday: Lift + 30 minutes biking

Whippers 1:00 x 3
Curls 20 x 3
SB lockout 1:00 x3

DB incline press 20x-15x-10x
Tube triceps extension 20x-15x-10x
Tube reverse delt raise 20x-15x-10x

KB row/press 10/10 x 3
Slider push ups 10 x 3
Mountain climbers :45 x 3

Tuesday: Run 4 miles

Wednesday: Lift (I forgot to write down what I did) + run 3 miles 

Run at each of the following speeds for 1:00


Total time: 17:00
Total Dist: about 2.3 miles (I finish the last .7 miles at an easy pace)

Thursday: Run 5.5 miles... a lot of HILLS!  My legs will hate me tomorrow.

Things got switched up from my original plan, but I am still getting the same number of lifts in and I think I'll come out at about the same mileage come the end of the week since I am running with Brita on Saturday morning. 

******

To close things up I wanted to share this video with you guys.  It is one that was recommended to me by a friend who was extremely motivated by it.  I don't know if it is because we are both former basketball players of what, but it struck a chord for me as well.... let me know what you guys think!


2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! What an awesome gift! jealous of your Kindle Fire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been having so much fun monkeying with it :) I may have officially wasted a day away on it... many more to come lol

      Delete

It's your turn! Tell me your comments and opinions!