Saturday, February 18, 2012

Tough Mudder Workout

Yesterday I was a little sore, so I decided to try a short, quick lift instead of my typical 45-60 minute lift.  At work we had a print out of the Tough Mudder workout so I grabbed that and got to work.  I'm not planning on running the Tough Mudder (as of right now), but it looked like a good power workout.  I skipped the first part (Running Man) since I ran Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and was going to run today and jumped right to the lifting/circuit part.  Below is the Tough Mudder terminology followed by my own terminology (if different)...

Each exercise is done for a minute, try to get as many reps in as possible.


  1. TM Push-Ups... Tbar Push Ups 
  2. The Fist and The Fury... KB Swings 
  3. Scissor Kick... Split Jump Squats
  4. Back Row...Double KB Row (on BOSU)
  5. DB Side Lunge
  6. Push Up + Row....Push Up Pistons
  7. Lunge + Twist 
  8. Shoulder Press... Squat Press
  9. Decline Push Up
  10. Quick Feet...Mountain Climbers
  11. Tough Chin Up...Chin Up (with jump is needed...definitely need for me)
  12. Superman Plank...Plank (on hands)
  13. Drunk Superman Side Planks...Side Plank (1:00 each side)
  14. Angelina Jolie...Dips
  15. Tough Squat...Squat with Delt Holds 
Good luck!  I only did it one time through, a second time would have been tough for sure.  I plan on doing it again and trying to build up to two times through.

This morning was a gorgeous morning for a run- 20 degrees and sunny! That might seem cold to some of you southerners, but that is fantastic here in Wisconsin!  I got 6 miles in and then came back to make pancakes for J and his friend.  Time to prepare for the Mardi Gras party!


2 comments:

  1. Pheww that is a great workout! I would like to try it next week! Have fun tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an awesome one especially if you're in a bind for time!

      Delete

It's your turn! Tell me your comments and opinions!