Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Exciting Arrivals!

Today was another gorgeous day (along with what looks like the next couple days)...



And you may not know this, but today was the perfect weather for bluff hiking! I mentioned earlier that I normally hike up the bluffs here in La Crosse multiple times a semester, but I have only gone once this year. Well now that summer is here I am abusing my ability to hike up the bluffs!




Another successful hike to the top of the most gorgeous city :)

In addition to this little 2 hour hike, I also did some other cardio... 50 minute bike and 10 minutes on the elliptical.  

MEALS

  • Breakfast: Rice cake with peanut butter and chocolate chips
  • Lunch: Spinach and cheese quesadilla with cottage cheese, cucumber-orzo salad and a smoothie on the side.  The smoothie consisted of spinach, berries, plain yogurt, cocoa powder and milk. 





Amazing what the angle of a picture can do to an object!

  • Dinner: My friend Carrie, who I went hiking with, came over and we made 4 oz tuna steaks with cucumber-orzo salad (good thing this is delicious and I don't get sick of it!).  For dessert was a fruit trifle. 
    • In the mix strawberry angel food cake (just add jello or kool aid to the angel food mix), plain yogurt, berries and coconut

EXCITING ARRIVALS...

My new purse that I got for "free".  And by free I do mean, from the rewards points that I racked up from all the money I spent on my credit card this year.  It is my new favorite purse, it has the perfect pockets for my coupons, cell phone and chap sticks. 



Also arriving via the Fed Ex guy were my steel straws from Tina's Open Sky sale!  I have been using my new straws all day long!  I think they are helping me drink more water and drink it more quickly, which is a wonderful thing because I have been waking up parched for the past 4 mornings.  I think I need to drink more water. 



________________________________________________________________________
Be sure to check out Vanessa's giveaway over at Gourmet Runner!  She is giving away a signed copy of 7 Weeks to 100 Push-Ups!  Hurry the giveaway ends tomorrow at midnight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It's your turn! Tell me your comments and opinions!