Thursday, May 5, 2011

Zumba Fiesta!

Image from annkin.com

Today I tried something new.  I love trying new things, but lately it seems like my life has been lacking new things.  Today I changed that and IT.FELT.GOOD.  Following my final class of the semester, which was held at the local bar across the street from the university, I found myself in amongst a gym full of young, energetic girls (and one guy).  What were we all in the gym for you ask... Zumba of course!  Zumba was never really something that appealed to me for a couple of reasons, 1) I am a terribly uncoordinated dancer and 2) I didn't think it would be a very good workout.  Well I found out that #1 was definitely true, however, #2 was way off!  Today's Zumba class was a special one for Cinco De Mayo, so it was done in the gymnasium and lasted an hour and a half... the best part... there were prizes!  Anyway, reason #2 was proved wrong within the first 20 minutes.  This girl was sweating and winded, I never realized how much Zumba really gets your heart rate up!  I felt like a kid again dancing around looking like a fool and not caring what others thought!  Zumba is probably not a class I would teach since I don't have that kind of rhythm, but it is a class I would attend again!  Have you ever tried Zumba?  If you haven't tried it, why not?  Are you a fan of Zumba? 


Rewind to the this morning.... 

My morning workout was a nice, easy bike ride, with some sprints, on a stationary bike for 45 minutes.  Post-workout I made breakfast.  For breakfast I had a rice cake with peanut butter and raisins, a smoothie with frozen mixed berries, milk and peach yogurt, and some iced coffee to wash down breakfast.  Wonderful way to start my day :)

I had a really busy morning, so like clock work my stomach started growling at 12 noon.  Lunch time!!  Lunch was a hummus wrap with cucumbers, avocados and BBQ sauce.  This has been my go-to main entrée for lunch this week.  In addition to the wrap I had celery with peanut butter and a single Pop Tart (thank you Dollar Tree for selling single Pop Tarts!).

Dinner tonight was much deserved after Zumba!  I threw together a egg sandwich with two eggs and salsa on an English muffin.

I ate that while my tator tots were cooking away in the oven.  I topped those with marinara sauce and a little bit of cheese.  Mmmm mmm mmmm!  I am starting to get a little more time to make meals now that school is winding down, only a little longer and I'll have even more time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It's your turn! Tell me your comments and opinions!