Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Dogs Days of Summer

Today's planned 5 mile run, turned into a 4.12 mile run, after realizing I could not beat the 85 degree heat this morning at 7:45.  In fact it was so hot that I took my shirt off for the last mile of the run... this is something I have never done before!  It may, however, be something I do a little more often, it feels so liberating and cool!



The run took my 42: 20... not my fastest, but I thought my pace was way slower than this while I was chugging along.

Mmmm Food

 Yesterday I made a homemade version of hot pockets (or what I like to call hot pockets)!  These are the most wonderful tasting things in the world... major comfort food.  I do not recommend these if you are trying to lose weight, because they are a little higher in the calorie count, but they are a nice treat to have every now and again!

What you'll need for hot pockets:

1 green pepper, diced
1/4-1/2 onion (any color will do)
1 chunk of broccoli 
2 chicken breasts 
1 small can cream of chicken/mushroom/celery (whatever you prefer)
1 can crescent rolls
and any other add-ins you'd like to have 


Fully cook the chicken breasts and cut up all veggies and chicken and put in a large bowl. Dump the cream of chicken soup into the bowl and mix with other ingredients.  Mix until all veggies and chicken are fully coated.  


Lay the crescent rolls out flat on a baking sheet and scoop some chicken/veggie mix onto each of the rolls.  Join the four corners of each individual roll and enclose the veggie mix into the crescent roll. 


Bake at 350 degrees for as long as your crescent rolls call for, mine was 12-15 minutes.  This recipe makes four large hot pockets.  I had some leftover veggie mix, so I saved it for a wrap the next day!  The ingredients in this recipe can be altered to your taste.  In fact I think next time I am going to try making some BBQ chicken hot pockets!

Other eats today were Captain Crunch for breakfast, carrots with hummus and a fruit/spinach smoothie for lunch, and some cheese for a snack.  I'm debating what to make for dinner tonight, but I am leaning towards stir fry!  

Massage Therapy 
I found out yesterday that I am the luckiest girl in the world!  What is it that I found out?  Through my internship I get a free 15 minute massage and one free 60 minute massage with the new massage therapy business that opened up in our building!  I had my 15 minute massage today and it felt phenomenal!  The masseuse loosened up my lower back and found really bad tightness in my feet.  He didn't work on my feet until the end of my massage, so it was a little bit of a teaser for next time.  I'm thinking I will plan my 60 minute massage for early August, so I can beat up on my body in the gym a little more before he loosens me up again.  I can't wait to run on new feet and a fresh back in a few weeks!


1 comment:

  1. @Dave at eRecipeCards.com Thanks for stopping over Dave! I'd definitely be interested, I'll look into it and try to get them submitted soon :)

    ReplyDelete

It's your turn! Tell me your comments and opinions!