Saturday, July 9, 2011

Internship Love

Some of you may know I have been in and out of blogging this past week and a half, the reason being twofold:  I moved and I started my internship. :)

I mentioned it a few times that I was moving from La Crosse back to Eau Claire where my family and boyfriend are, and it finally happened on Wednesday.  I wasn't planning on moving quite that early, I actually expected to be in La Crosse for another week, but my internship start date pushed my plans up a little.  Here's a sneak peak of my new place (more pictures to come once things are in place)...

Excited about the desk since I didn't have one before
What you might not have known was that I was moving in with my boyfriend.  I didn't really advertise this, because I wanted to wait until it happened, but I guess now it's out! It has been fun, yet challenging (which I'm thinking of doing a series on) moving in with him.  

Internship

Today was day two at my internship... I can tell already that I am going to LOVE it!   I got two shirts to wear as my uniform (the perk of being a trainer you don't have to dress up!).
pic name
Momentum Sport Fitness

pic name
Motto of my life


pic name
Momentum Sport Fitness

pic name
My new mantra 

They have let me work with a couple clients on my own already, which is really cool that they trust me and my abilities to let me do that.  There are a number of things that I love about this job/career move:
  1. I get to meet new people and hear their stories
  2. I'm learning a TON of new/unique lifts and conditioning drills (Momentum is all about unique, challenging training)
  3. Getting to workout on the job
  4. I get to use the gym for free = no membership fees for at least 6 months!
  5. I work with athletes, people trying to lose weight and people looking for general fitness training

Tomorrow I will be spending my day in La Crosse cleaning my apartment and turning in my keys... blah!  Looks like I'll be rocking out to some good tunes all day :)


What are you doing/have you done this weekend?

Do you have a "life moto" or a mantra you use?

3 comments:

  1. Awesome news about all the exciting changes in your life right now. Loving the mottos on the shirts, they rock!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner They have all sorts of sayings on their shirts... I have my eye on a couple in particular that I'd like to get my hands on :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That seriously sounds like such a great internship. so cool!

    ReplyDelete

It's your turn! Tell me your comments and opinions!