Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It Was Inevitable... DOMS

Okay, I'm not going to pretend you're an idiot, but just in case you didn't know DOMS stands for Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness... and I have a serious case of that after yesterday!  I'm sure you've read many posts or articles about DOMS and how it causes muscle pain in the day or two after intense exercise, a new routine, or a new exercise program.  My DOMS is from a combination of all three of those reasons! If you experience DOMS don't be alarmed!  This is a normal response to exercise and is actually a good thing because it is part of the muscle's adaptation process (= you are getting stronger).  Needless to say, I will be having a love affair with this guy all day long...

I love my foam roller!

My workout today is going to be a super easy bike just to loosen up my muscles and get a little reading in :)  When was the last time you experienced DOMS? 



I just started reading this late last week, it's a little hard to get into but about 50ish pages in I am finally starting to get interested.  Have you read this book?  What did you think?


**********

For those of you who comment on my blog regularly you know that I usually try to get back to you in a timely matter, however, for some reason my blog (I use #blogger) is not allowing me to "reply" to your comments!  I have tried searching in the help box of Blogger, but no luck.  If you know anything about this please let me know how to fix it!  In the mean time keep your comments coming, I love hearing from you!

3 comments:

  1. I have DOMS going on right now. Muscle failure class last night and 3 classes at the Y the day before. Ugh my poor muscles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel DOMS when I do non-running activities that my body isn't used to! Loved those books so much, I know you will too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. took me a while to get into the book also, but once you do..you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete

It's your turn! Tell me your comments and opinions!