Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Newest Purchase

Check this out!


Looks like just an ordinary bag, but it's not just some plain ol' bag... it's a purse lunch box!  I'm such a nerd for being so excited about this, but for someone who packs a lunch EVERYDAY for work, it's very exciting!  It is insulated on the inside and has a little pocket to hold silverware or other small items.  


In other news I did the treadmill wingate test today in my class, and it was exhausting!  I could not catch my breath for about 10 minutes afterwards and the sprinting part of the test only lasted 3 minutes!  Compared to the bike wingate I think the treadmill wingate was harder, but overall people seemed to feel better after the treadmill test versus in the bike test.  I was personally a bigger fan of the bike wingate, but that probably has a lot to do with the fact that I spin more than I do sprint/speed running.  If you are interested in what the protocol is for the treadmill wingate test feel free to e-mail me or leave a comment and I will get it to you.

My pilates class today kicked. my. butt.  We did a solid hour of abs and hip strengthening exercises.  The hip moves were killer since most people do not have strong hips (including myself).  I have taken both yoga and pilates over the course of this year, and I have found that I like pilates more.  To me it feels more challenging, it clears my head, stretches my muscles and leaves my body more refreshed than yoga does. Have you taken yoga and pilates?  Which one do you prefer?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It's your turn! Tell me your comments and opinions!