Thursday, February 24, 2011

So Close...

Today I was SO CLOSE to receiving my new running shoes!  I purchased a pair two days ago and apparently the UPS guy came by but no one was home :(  No one home = no shoes!  They are going to try again tomorrow, but I won't be home then either!  I think I am going to leave a note for the UPS guy to leave it at the door... I think I can swing coming home for lunch tomorrow to pick them up so no one steals them.  I think they will be okay, but when I am going to be gone from 8am to 8pm tomorrow I would rather not have them sit outside my apartment door ALL day long.  A lunch break away from my desk will be a nice treat!

We are getting SO CLOSE to having everything ready for the Indoor Tri on Saturday!  For those of you who do not know I am the Special Events GA at UW-L and I put on events for the campus and for the community with the help of three great SE Sups that I supervise.  This years Indoor Tri has 103 people, a little down from last year, but what are you going to do when the University is hosting a Relay for Life the night before.  I will be sure to get some pictures to share with you guys from the event.

Workout
Since I played basketball last night and have a 6 mile run on my plate tomorrow I took it fairly easy with a 50 minute bike (moderate pace) today.  It felt sooo good to loosen up my legs from the night before.  I'm sure my legs will be thanking me for not doing my usual spin class (a little more intense then my bike ride this morning) when I get out on the road tomorrow.

Eats
Today wasn't my greatest day of eating, however, I had no time to snack so no extra calories in between my meals... which is no good for me because I LOVE my snacks.  I am one of those eat every 3-4 hours kind of girl.  How about you?  How often do you eat each day?

Breakfast- Smoothie (strawberry yogurt, blueberries, walnuts over Multi-Grain Cheerios).
I have never tried having my smoothie over cereals, but it wasn't too bad.  I think I would've liked it better without the walnuts in the smoothie mix though.

Lunch- 3 pieces of sausage pizza
I know terrible!  I LOVE pizza, it is probably one of my favorite foods!  Even though it is one of my favorites I do not eat it that often, however, when I do I cannot control myself!  Normally I do not eat out or order in at work during the week, but it was one of my co-workers birthdays and his girlfriend ordered him pizza from out of town and told him to share it with the rest of us!  Wahoo for birthdays and great girlfriends!

Dinner- 2 egg white & cheese sandwich, over night oats (1/2 c oatmeal, strawberry yogurt, & 1 Tbsp dry angel food cake mix)
This is the first time I have experimented with cake mix in my oatmeal.  The flavor it added was great!  Angel food isn't my favorite cake flavor, but it was all I had so I can only imagine how great my oatmeal would taste with Funfetti or Chocolate cake mix in it!  Warm oats with cake mix in it is my next adventure... probably tomorrow morning actually :)   Do you have any good oatmeal (warm or cold) concoctions?

That's about it folks!  I'm off to bed, hope you all have a wonderful night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It's your turn! Tell me your comments and opinions!