Thursday, March 17, 2011

March Madness!

March Madness is the highlight of my spring break!  It does help March Madness's case that I was sick two of the days this week... but regardless I love basketball and I love that the tournament started during my spring break because I don't have anything that I HAVE to do, so I can lay around and watch basketball all day if I want...Which is what I am doing right now :)  Did you fill out a bracket? I filled out two, in one I have Duke winning and in the other I have Kansas taking it home.  Who do you think will win?

Sick Notes
Like I already told you I spent a couple of my days of spring break sick, well one really sick and one getting back to normal. I took those two days off from working out, so when I got back at it the day after I recovered my four mile run felt AMAZING, especially since the weather has been gorgeous for winter in Wisco!  On Monday, the day I was really feeling crumby all I had to eat from when I woke up at 9 am until 8 pm was beef broth, 2 slices of white bread and some saltines!  I was dying!  But everything I ate went right through.  Finally by 8pm my system settled down a bit, but my body ached sooo bad!  But I said my guts feel alright so screw it I just need food! I really think my body was in shock from such a small amount of food, that I was getting chills and was achy all over, because after I ate the Erbs and Gerbs sub and chicken noodle soup that my boyfriend brought me I felt a million times better! Note to self:  Eat more when sick (if you can keep it in)!  It feels good to be back in the saddle and I only missed 2 days in my workout schedule.

St. Patrick's Day
Yesterday my mom made a bet with my boy and I.  The bet:  The losing couple of Farkle has to make Reubens for dinner tonight.  So Jed and I took my mom and dad on and won, so we get to enjoy a nice traditional Irish sandwich for dinner tonight! What is your favorite dish on St. Patrick's Day? Do you have any traditions?  The one thing that I have not done on St. Patty's Day that I have been wanting to do (and I won't get to this year) is have a green beer!  Is that so much to ask?!  I'm not sure what happened last year that I was unable to have a green beer, but today I have dinner with my parents and then I promised my little niece we could have a sleepover tonight (I forgot it was St. Patty's today when I made plans earlier this week).

Something New
Today since it is a cross training day and I don't have my normal spin class to go to since I am back at home, I decided to head to our local YMCA and try out a Cardio Fusion class.  Here's the class description:
"This class is a blend of aerobic exercise designed by the instructor for the class. Some of the likely elements of this cardio class will be: Step Aerobics, BOSU Ball, Hi/Lo Aerobics, and Kickboxing. 45 minute – 1 hour class. "
This is not normally the kind of workout I would choose to do, which is exactly why I DID choose to do it today.  I wanted to try something new!  The class for sure got my heart rate up and I worked up quite a sweat doing it, it was however tough on the knee joints!  There was a lot of hopping and bouncing around, which is great aerobic exercise... They should have "involves jumping" in the class description like they do for some of the other classes! Anyway, I am glad I tried it and I would probably do it again.  Are you open to trying new things?  What things have you tried that are new to you lately?  

Well, off to enjoy March Madness and one of my last relaxing days of spring break!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It's your turn! Tell me your comments and opinions!