Sunday, March 6, 2011

Weekend Recap

This past week I skimped on the posting, this week might be a little skimpy too.  I have three mid-term exams so I will be devoting most of my time to studying for those this week... Muscle Physiology, Interpretation of Statistical Data and Biomechanics do not make for an easy study. The next few days are NOT going to be enjoyable, but the good news is that it is over Wednesday afternoon! So for a lack of posting the past couple days here is my recap of what happened:

FRIDAY
Friday I got my butt out of bed extra early and hit the bike for a solid 50 minute bike ride in my apartment's gym.  Then I got myself ready for work and crammed a lot in for a short work day.  It was my plan to try to get out of the office at 2 so that I could head back to my hometown and make a guest appearance at my boyfriend's middle school basketball practice.  Apparently the girls have been requesting that I come to a practice, since a number of them know that I used to play college basketball.  I did this last year and I loved it, so I decided why not do it again!  I was only able to make it for the last 30 minutes of practice, but they still enjoyed having me jump in and playing 3-on-3 and 5-on-5 with them.  After practice I met my parents and grandparents over at the local church for a fish boil!  Oh how I love this time of year for the sole reason that it's fish boil season! On the menu was....

Fish
Cooked carrots
Cooked onions
Macaroni
Seasoned potatoes
Coleslaw
Ice cream or sorbet (raspberry or lime)

It was amazing!  I cannot wait to go to another one!  Once we finished dinner we headed back to my parent's house and played Farkle.  My boy came over later bearing a King Cake!  It has been a tradition for us since we started dating to get a King Cake at the beginning of Mardi Gras every year.  This year we got an apple flavored one from Gambino's.  I was the lucky one who got the baby in my piece of cake, so looks like I will be hosting the next King Cake party!  If you're interested in the history of King Cakes check out this site or you can find it on Gambino's webpage.

SATURDAY
On Saturday I started my day by going to the grocery store to pick up some things for my sister's birthday brunch she was having at her house.  We had a lot of baking to do before everyone got to her house at 1pm.  Here's what the brunch menu looked like:

Pancakes
Monkey Bread
Fruit
Sausage
Quiche
Baked French Toast

If anyone's interested in any of those recipes, leave me a comment and I'll post them on here.  After brunch I had to truck back to La Crosse so I could meet my girlfriends who were coming to town!  The boy and I went our separate ways tonight... he had a boy's night in MN and I had a girl's night at my place! I forgot how fun it is getting ready to go out with girls!  Normally I just get ready by myself or with Jed, but it's just not the same.  The six of us girls got ourselves ready and then headed out for a night on the town!  A couple of my friends had never been out in La Crosse, so we had a great time hitting as many places as we could.  A normal weekend in La Crosse are very entertaining and exciting, but it was escalated this weekend since many of the places were celebrating Mardi Gras, so we got a lot of free beads and other items!  I didn't have my camera (I gave it to Jed for the night), so I am waiting for my girlfriend to post them so I can share them on here.

SUNDAY
First thing on the list?  Del's Bar Bloody Marys!  Great way to start the day out!  I just stayed for one, and then told them I would meet them back at my apartment because I needed to get a start on my studying.  Since my friend from out of town had a number of other friends she was visiting here, it worked out okay that I left a little early.  They left town about 3pm, so after that it was SERIOUS study time for pretty much the rest of the night, minus about 30 minutes when I went for a run.  It was nice to help get my body and system back on track... my body will thank me tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Good night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It's your turn! Tell me your comments and opinions!