Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Burrito Lasagna

I made a creation this weekend that was PHENOMENAL!  I just finished the last helping of left overs today and I am in mourning. Burrito Lasagna has a great little kick to it, along with a line up of healthy and filling vegetables in each serving. 

BURRITO LASAGNA 
1-2 lb ground beef 
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cans (15 oz) pinto beans
1 bottle (16 oz) taco sauce 
1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes & green chilies, undrained
1 can (4 oz) chopped green chillies
1 can (3.8 oz) olives, drained
12 flour tortillas 
4 cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese 

Preheat the oven to 350 * 

In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, taco sauce, tomatoes, chillies and olives.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. 

Spread 1 cup meat mix in one non-greased glass pan.  Layer with tortillas, 1 cup meat mix and 2/3 cup cheese.  Repeat this layering until all ingredients are gone (approx. 3 layers).  Cover pan with tin foil and put in oven for 10-15 minutes until bubble and cheese it melted .

Dig in and enjoy!

Looks slightly unappetizing, but it's DELISH!

Post Half Marathon 
It has been two days since the half marathon, DOMS should have set in by now if it was going to happen... so far though, my legs have been feeling pretty good.  I took two days completely off except for some Biggest-Yoga-Loser using this yoga video.  I'm ready to go again, but it just seems so early compared to how much time my friend and others I know have taken off. What do you recommend for days off after a half?  I know it varies from person to person, but is it too soon to hit a spin class or the weight room (at a fairly easy level of intensity)?

As of right now my plan for the week is...

Wednesday: AM lift, PM swim (I don't last long swimming, maybe a 15 minute swim)
Thursday: Spin class, Pilates
Friday: 5-6 mile run
Saturday: Lift, 40 minutes elliptical/bike/swim

Too much too soon?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It's your turn! Tell me your comments and opinions!