Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday Morning Confession

So I have to confess, last Monday I wrote my post before I actually did my yoga and lifting... I never did my yoga :(  I'm not exactly sure what happened, but I just skipped it.  I love yoga and I think my problem is that I am so used to high impact workouts (ex. running, lifting, spin, etc) that it is really hard for me to slow down, relax and do yoga.  Well again, today yoga is in my fitness plan... I woke up bright and cheery eyed this morning ready to do some yoga before breakfast!  I opened up my computer and brought my Runners Yoga up on Youtube and assumed the position for a downward dog.



I only made it through 8 minutes of the 25 minute video because I got too darn frustrated with my internet! Every 30 seconds it would stop the video and say my internet connection was bad... grr!  So I threw in the towel, since yoga is supposed to be relaxing and I was definitely not relaxed at the time.  Maybe I will try again later or make a trip to the library to see if I can find a good yoga video... any yoga video suggestions?  Anyway, here's this weeks plan!

Monday: Yoga & Strength training
Tuesday: 40 minute tempo run
Wednesday: 3 miles + Strength training
Thursday: Easy run
Friday: OFF (CSCS exam....ahhh!)
Saturday: 10K run
Sunday: 4.5 miles 

You can also find my training plan on my fitness page.

Out of the blue last week I ran into a guy wearing a Harvest Hustle shirt (this is the event that my half marathon is part of), so I asked him if he knew anything about the new, upcoming Harvest Hustle Half Marathon.  I asked the right guy, because he is part of the planning committee! After hearing what he had to say, I wished I had never asked him.  I have been anticipating the course to be a little hilly, since it is out in the country, beginning at the apple orchard.  However, I did not expect to hear that they kind of considered this to be more of an elite course!  Yikes!  Looks like I need to get out to the course a few times before I actually sign myself up.  Check out the course profile...





















Breakfast

Hot cereal + syrup (homemade from my cousin!) and a sprinkle of apple pie seasoning! Delish!



Social Life
This weekend was just what I needed!  I have been on a 14 day working spree, with no break until next Saturday!  My days were getting so monotonous... workout-work-eat-sleep-repeat.  I needed a change... getting out with some friends was just what I needed!

Walk & Coffee date

Night out

Date night with my man

I'm refreshed and ready for the next 5 days of work!  Bring it Monday :) 

What was the highlight of your weekend?


10 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great weekend!

    I've been neglecting yoga for awhile and I really need to get back into it--I love it and it makes me feel more strong. I must make time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend. I have neglected yoga a lot lately and I wonder if my IT is wreaking havoc because of it.... anywhoo the highlight of my weekend was the Fair. Which you already know about =) Have a great week!!

    -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ATTrio That could be the reason for your IT disturbance, especially if that's the only change you have made recently... I'm not doctor, but could be! Yoga's a body saver :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Holly I need to do it more regularly too! I really want to try hot yoga, we don't have it around here though. I hear the cities does though, maybe I'll have to make the trek sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes a little break is all you need! I have had the past two days off from work and it makes all the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Em Totally! I don't know how workaholics do it! I need at least one day off or I start to go crazy and get stressed out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that does sound like a pretty intense course!! At least you found out though. It wouldn't be fun to go into that blindly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute blog :) Highlight of my weekend would be the bridal show I attended, lots of good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Chels That sounds very fun! I don't think I've shared it on my blog yet, but I am going to be a model in a bridal show coming up in Sept! i am super excited... great place to get ideas like you said!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @TaraIt would be kind of neat to go in blindly to see what you know! Thanks for stopping over :)

    ReplyDelete

It's your turn! Tell me your comments and opinions!