Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Three Things Tuesday

1. This is my newest obsession...

EOS lip balm! This product is 95% organic and 100% natural.  It is also...

  • Long lasting
  • Shea butter & vitamin E
  • Smooths on clear
  • Gluten-free
  • Paraben-free
  • Petroleum-free 
  • Phthalate-free 
All you have to do to use this stuff is twist off the top and smooth it on!  The only downside I see to this is that it's not something you can easily put in your pocket, due to it's round shape.  

2. Just bought myself a new watch!  It was a cheapo, but those are the ones that seem to last me the longest.  


My last watch was getting really nasty, because I used to always wear it 24/7, including to workout.  I never washed it after working out, so it started to change colors... pink changed to a dirty pink/brown color, not attractive. So far I'm in love with my new watch!  It has everything my other watch had plus it has a light!  

3. Have you ever had rhubarb crisp?  I have many times, but never have I thought to marry rhubarb crisp to oatmeal!  


My mom made rhubarb crisp on Sunday for the reunion and lucky me, I got to bring the left overs home! After my man and I polished off the last couple pieces I decided to save the left over slop in the bottom of the pan for my breakfast.  Marrying oatmeal and rhubarb crisp is the greatest things I have ever done!  Please, please, please try this combination... I'm begging you! 

Workout
Yesterday I followed my fitness plan and ran 4 miles and lifted. I ran the 4 miles faster than I think I ever have!  Four miles in 35:28!  I am normally a 9:15 to 9:30 a mile pace person, so this felt awesome.  

I wasn't really feeling any legs for my lift today so I blasted my arms.  Here's what the workout looked like (each group was done as a super set)... 

Push-Pull-Press 3x6 each
Ab triples (sit ups, twists, pikes) 3x10 each

EZ curls 3x6 
Hammer curls 3x12
Reverse curls 3x20 

Shoulder press 3x6
Skull crushers 3x12 
Tube triceps kickback 3x20

This workout will make it so you can't even lift your arms up to the steering wheel to drive home from the gym... don't say I didn't warn you! 

What is you workout today? P.S. If there is ever a particular exercise that I post that you don't know what it is, feel free to leave a comment or shoot me an email and I will either describe it to you or try to send a video/picture of it.  

1 comment:

It's your turn! Tell me your comments and opinions!