Thursday, August 4, 2011

Veggie Spaghetti

The weekly fitness plan is getting a makeover this week.  I used my free massage today and my massage therapist recommended that I didn't do any heavy physical activity before hand. Thursdays are normally the day I lift in the morning and then play basketball at night, so I decided to move the lift to another day.  So the new plan is as follows...

Monday: 3.5 mile run
Tuesday: Lift, 20 min cardio
Wednesday: 5 mile run
Thursday: Basketball
Friday: Lift, 25 min cardio
Saturday: 6 mile run
Sunday: Possible long bike ride to Durand

Yesterday was like a dream day for me.  It reminded me a lot of summer days when I was younger. I started the day off with a nice 3 mile run to my parents house to pick up my bike that has been stored for the past month at their house... How I have missed the Pink Panther (that's my bikes name).  I'll show you a picture someday and you will totally understand the name :)

Anyway so I ran to get my bike and then biked it back to my apartment.  By the time I got back to my apartment it was about 10 and I was supposed to work at 11.  I really wanted to go to the library quick, but I figured I should shower and get ready for work instead. BUT, before I was able to jump in the shower my boss called me and told me to take the day off since it was slow at work.  It was perfect because I was supposed to work a double shift already today, plus I needed to run another couple miles to meet my fitness plan goal for the week.  After hearing I didn't have to come in, I threw my running shoes on again and biked to the library.  I debated if I wanted to go in the library first and then run or vice versa, but I decided to run first.  So I ran my last couple miles on (this is the best part) new trails!  The new path I found was kind of a continuation of the one I usually run on, but I have never noticed it!  I was so excited to have found new trails to explore!


No books for me in this trip, just movies!  Astronaut Farmer, Bend It Like Beckham, The Brave One (really good!) and Pilates System 7 (not a fan, I need the more advanced disc). I was getting kind of bored of all the movies we have here and we don't have cable yet (coming tomorrow), so I figured I would get some free movies to watch.

Eats
Since it was my day off today I made myself a nice little breakfast of dippy eggs and toast.  Nothing better than dippy eggs to make your day feel special!

Lunch I made some special veggie spaghetti.  It's been a while since I've made this but it was due time. All you need is this...

Some sort of squash
 And this...

All you have to do is peel the squash and slice into thin strips, like so...


Put the strips into a pan with a little water and turn on medium heat.  Steam the squash for about 15 minutes or until it is tender and yellowish/see-throughish.


Once the squash is tender add the spaghetti sauce and keep in the pan until it is warm.  Feel free to add any other veggies or top with cheese.  Enjoy!


This is one of my favorite, healthy dishes.  You can eat tons of it and intake a very low amount of calories.  Good thing I have lots left over, I can have it for dinner before my games tonight!

1 comment:

It's your turn! Tell me your comments and opinions!