Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Workout Partner to the Rescue

For those of you who remember, back in June I finished my first complete text book, cover-to-cover, 359 pages!  Well yesterday I finished my second complete text book...All 588 pages of it!  This book is my study guide for my CSCS test, so I had good reason to finish it up.  Have you ever finished any text books or any rather large book?


Recent Eats

Yesterday's Breakfast- 1/2 c plain yogurt, 1/2 c chocolate granola, dab of homemade strawberry jam



Yesterday's Lunch- Tuna (mixed with 1 Tbsp mayo, 1 Tbsp BBQ sauce), Kraft Single and tomato on a wrap

Yesterday's Snack- My girl friend that I went running with sells supplement/nutrition products so she gave me a couple samples of chocolate and vanilla flavored protein.  These are both great with 200 calories for a full serving, 18 g protein and 10 g fiber.


With my chocolate sample I made some Reese's chocolate pudding!  So simple!  Mix just a little water with the protein so it is thick and add a dollop of PB in there... mix and enjoy!  It literally tasted like Reese's!  I'm sold!


Yesterday's Dinner- Roasted potatoes and zucchini 



Today's Breakfast- Oatmeal with a quarter of a serving of vanilla protein powder and a dab of homemade strawberry jam.  I definitely liked the chocolate flavor better, so I think I'll be purchasing some of that from her.  I'll show you all the brand and other stats when I get it!


Fitness
Yesterday I was able to recruit one of my friend to do my track workout with me!  Wow did that ever make a difference!  The laps were so much more enjoyable and painless having someone trotting alongside me!  I was a little faster than planned, but here are the splits...

1:41
1:42
1:48
1:46
1:46
1:50
1:51

I didn't really plan to taper off, but was more so trying to get to the speed I should have been going at, my 5K pace, which if I calculated correctly should've been around 2:00 per lap.  In the end I'm glad we weren't going that pace because that would have been really slow and not very challenging for us I think. 

Today I'll be hitting the road for a nice 3 mile run, then  off to the gym for a full body lift!  Tomorrow's my day off, so I plan to give it everything in the gym today. 

6 comments:

  1. Those text books are no joke. My mind is always boggled when reading personal training stuff. So much info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's impressive that you actually read the text books! I'm not going to lie, I'm a terrible student in that regard. I took a literature class last semester and didn't even PURCHASE the books...it was online so I figured I could get away with it, heh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. God damn, woman! Nice times! And I soooo want to try the lunge workout that you posted on my blog! Next week I'll bust something similar out for my bootcampers and let you know what they thought- if they complain, I'm sending them your way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun Oh goodness so much! Even if you know a lot, they somehow find a way to put tons of other new or very specific things in there. That's part of what I love about personal training, you can always keep learning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Holly To be honest, in my undergrad and some of my grad work I would be pretty diligent the first couple weeks about reading and then drop off. Grad school got me to buckle down a little bit, plus the books for a certification exam! You're not alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Katy @ Fit In Heels HAHA I will take the blame for you! Let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete

It's your turn! Tell me your comments and opinions!