I made this little snack!
For those of you who are not big spicy fans, not to worry because these aren't that spicy. In fact next time I might add more chili powder to spice it up a little. They are so very yummy, in fact I am eating them right now and I don't want to stop eating them, but I am already full from the handful I just chowed down on! This recipe is super simple, you will be eating them in 15 minutes (that includes cool down time)!
Spicy Toasted Almonds
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp kosher salt or sea salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 c almonds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine all oil and seasonings and stir to combine. Add almonds and toss to coat. Transfer the mix to a pan and bake for about 10 minutes or until the almonds are toasted. May need to stir a couple times.
Here's the agenda for the day...
Run 5 miles
- Study for CSCS (outside if the weather cooperates!)
- Drive to Eau Claire with Carrie
- Visit my niece & nephew
- Dominate at team trivia with my boyfriend and both of our parents (P.S. "underwear" is the free answer of the day for trivia tonight, what the heck could the question be? What an odd answer!)
- Relax possibly with a movie
- Head back to La Crosse tomorrow morning :)
Stop over at Jennifer's A Knack 4 Nutrition and get yourself signed up for a chance to win a stevia package! I've never used it, but if I win the giveaway I am probably going to try to make sweet roasted almonds! What would you do if you won the stevia giveaway?
Happy Hump Day!